On Sun, Jul 04, 2021 at 09:04:55PM +0200, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> On 04. 07. 21 16:49, Richard Shaw wrote:
> >On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 12:25 PM Miro Hrončok <mhron...@redhat.com
> ><mailto:mhron...@redhat.com>> wrote:
> >
> >    On 01. 07. 21 18:20, Richard Shaw wrote:
> >     > On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 11:11 AM Miro Hrončok <mhron...@redhat.com
> >    <mailto:mhron...@redhat.com>
> >     > <mailto:mhron...@redhat.com <mailto:mhron...@redhat.com>>> wrote:
> >     >
> >     >     On 01. 07. 21 17:53, Richard Shaw wrote:
> >     >      > 1. Create a compat or SOVERSION appended package (requires new
> >    review)
> >     >
> >     >     Packages created so that multiple versions of the same package can
> >    coexist in
> >     >     the distribution does not require a new review:
> >     >
> >     >

> > https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/ReviewGuidelines/#_package_review_process
> >
> > <https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/ReviewGuidelines/#_package_review_process>
> >     >
> > <https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/ReviewGuidelines/#_package_review_process
> >
> > <https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/ReviewGuidelines/#_package_review_process>>
> >     >
> >     >
> >     > Ok, so does require a ticket though.
> >
> >    No, it does not. To be exempted from the package review you can create a
> >    ticket
> >    OR you can create a "multiple versions of the same package" package.
> >

> >Ok, I re-read things a few times and now I get that part, but
> >without a review, how do I get the repo setup?
> >
> >I have prepared an "openexr2" package. I chose just to include the
> >2 because it's possible upstream may release a new 2.x version so
> >"openexr2.5.5" doesn't make any sense.
>

> $ fedpkg request-repo openexr2 --exception --no-initial-commit
>

> Technically, you only need --exception, but I also like to use
> --no-initial-commit, so the package can be imported with git history
> of openexr.

This is "documented" in
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_Review_Process#Review_Purpose.
I put documented in quotes because the text is present, but it sure ain't
easy to find. All the wiki docs about initial package are fairly hard to
use: the information is split over multiple pages without a clear design
to the division, there should be lot more hyperlinking going on, etc.

Zbyszek