Hi,

On 7/7/21 1:33 PM, Neal Gompa wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 7, 2021 at 7:18 AM Florian Weimer <fwei...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> * Neal Gompa:

>>> Are you telling me that GNU Make doesn't support GNU Guile 3.0?
>>> Because that's definitely not true:
>>> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/make.git/tree/configure.ac#n182
>>
>> No, Guile is just a core toolchain package, so it's difficult to update.
>>
>> I think it would be much easier (and self-contained) if it weren't a
>> required part of the toolchain.
>>

> You already have the toolchain update change[1], just do it as part of that.
>
> [1]: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/GNUToolchainF35

Ugh, please see my other long reply in this thread
(probably best to reply there)

I felt that I must respond here too, because "just do it as part of that"
is again you (a Fesco member) telling others what to do, or at least
sound a lot like you are telling others what to do, which completely
rubs me the wrong way.

Last time I checked Fesco's role was to set policy, not to dictate how
other Fedora project members spend there time. So this very nicely
illustrates the point which I'm trying to make in my other email/

Regards,

Hans