* Neal Gompa:

> For reasons that are unclear to me, it seems that all the work for
> this feature happened in CentOS Stream 9 development[1] instead of
> Rawhide.

OpenSSL developers were under the impression that the Alpha snapshots
could not be imported into rawhide for policy reasons.  And in the end,
there was an ABI break between 3.0 Alpha and 3.0 Beta, which is why c9s
currently has a custom dual OpenSSL ABI (compatible with both Alpha and
Beta).

> From what it can tell, the feature is fairly well-developed there, so
> I would hope it can be easily brought over to Rawhide for F35.
>
> [1]: https://gitlab.com/redhat/centos-stream/rpms/openssl/-/commits/c9s/

This view misses the distribution-wide work to enable this, which still
hasn't concluded.

“Change Checkpoint: 100% Code Complete” is 2021-08-24.  I probably won't
have time to help out with this in the coming weeks.  Not sure about the
OpenSSL maintainers themselves.

We also need a different approach for Fedora with a compat -devel
package because there is just no way we can port everything within one
release cycle.

Thanks,
Florian