On Wednesday, September 22, 2021 1:46:11 PM EDT Miro Hrončok wrote:
> > 4) maybe fapolicyd-cli has better detection? Or at least, its more
> > closely
> > maintained. It also has it's own ELF detection so that it's stable from
> > release to release.
>
> Not checked whether it has better detection or not, but I see it would pull
> the following packages into the default buildroot:

<snip>

> python-pip-wheel
> python-setuptools-wheel
> python3-libs
> python3

I think this is a packaging mistake. That would remove a fair amount of
what's pulled in.

> systemd-pam
> systemd-rpm-macros
> systemd

It needs libudev, but we get the whole thing.

> Installed size: 54 M
>

> I don't think this is acceptable. Even systemd and Python alone are not
> supposed to be there.

I'll ask about fixing the package. But I guess the other option is to identify
problems with libmagic and contribute fixes. That's what we have to do for
fapolicyd.

Btw, I just looked at F34 and rawhide to compare. Rawhide looks much, much
better as in things that are executable really are supposed to be. However,
F34...not so much. There's a lot of png files that are execuatble. This
cleanup is appreciated.

By chance do you have a pointer to one of those javascript files that is
misidentified? (Or any other for that matter). I'd like to see what's going on
and get a fix in place.

Cheers,
-Steve