On Wed, 2021-10-20 at 14:31 +0200, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> Dne 19. 10. 21 v 18:30 Micah Shennum napsal(a):
> > > and when I manually run "wireplumber" it shows:
> > >
> > > Default Sink: alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo
> > > Default Source: alsa_input.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo
> > >
> > > and the devices appear in KDE and I can play a sound.
> > >

> I had similar issues on my two LPs using gnome.
>

> > I has the same issue (KDE and all), and fixed it with `systemctl
> > --user enable --now wireplumber` and haven't had any issues since,
> > though I assume that I've therefor switched over to fully use
> > wireplumber; I don't know if that's the right answer for your usecase.
>

> This helps but is not right. As I wrote already elsewhere, there is some
> issue. And I believe that the better workaround is something like:
>

> ~~~
>
> $ systemctl --no-reload preset --global pipewire-pulse.service
> $ systemctl --no-reload preset --global pipewire-pulse.socket
>
> ~~~
>

> The symptoms were that one or both of these services had this line in
> their `status` output:
>

> ~~~
>
> Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/user/pipewire-pulse.socket; disabled;
> vendor preset: enabled)

But that's not the problem Miroslav or Micah had, because Miroslav said
pipewire-pulse was enabled and running for him, and if pipewire hadn't
been running already for Micah, enabling wireplumber wouldn't have
helped.

The correct configuration is for pipewire to be enabled in the system
session and wireplumber or pipewire-media-session to be enable in the
user session (wireplumber should be the default). Either of those not
being the case is going to result in broken audio. Both are supposed to
be handled on upgrade from F34 already, but it looks like Neal spotted
a case where it can be missed.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA