On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 03:24:12PM +0100, Pavel Raiskup wrote:
> Hello,
>
> anyone had a successful experience with Fedora 35 Cloud images, and
> guestfish/virt-sysprep?
>
> Seems like we switched from ext4 or xfs to 'btrfs', and guestfish
> doesn't work with the images, am I right?  At least I had problems
> on EL8 hypervisors so far.

As a general rule, libguestfs is only guaranteed to work if the
host OS is the same or newer than the guest OS. It might (and often
does) work if the host OS is older than the guest, but that's pot
luck.

The libguestfs appliance use the host kernel to access the filesystems,
so if the guest OS kernel was newer, its filesystem may have used features
that the host OS kernel doesn't understand.

IOW, my assumption is that Fedora 35 xfs is using fetures that RHEL8
xfs doesn't support.

Regards,
Daniel