Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> You're correct. With the current setup, it's also relatively simple to
> revert to the "frozen" release, which handles most of the regression
> situations. And Fedora releases are nowhere near so long-lived as RHEL
> and EPEL, so it tends to be less of a long-lived problem.

At least in my experience, the frozen version of the update is actually
entirely useless in almost all cases because it is way too old. What is
really needed in most cases is the previous update. I usually fetch that
from my local cache (I enable keepcache always and consider the fact that
Fedora disables it by default a critical data loss bug) or, failing that,
from Koji. IIRC, the old Fedora Extras used to ship the latest 2 builds of
every package, which had addressed that very issue. This was unfortunately
dropped with the Core/Extras Merge and everything moving to the composing
tools from Core (the current incarnation of which is called Pungi).

        Kevin Kofler