On Mon, 2021-12-06 at 11:17 +0000, Mat Booth wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 at 10:43, Richard W.M. Jones <rjo...@redhat.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Dec 06, 2021 at 11:21:34AM +0100, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> > > Full report available at:
> > > https://churchyard.fedorapeople.org/orphans-2021-12-06.txt
> > > grep it for your FAS username and follow the dependency chain.
> >
> > Could we get rid of the limit
> >
> >   "Too many dependencies for wsdl4j, not all listed here"
> >
> > in the long reports?  I don't really care how big that text file is
> > in
> > my browser.
> >
> > > For human readable dependency chains,
> > > see https://packager-dashboard.fedoraproject.org/
> > > For all orphaned packages,
> > > see https://packager-dashboard.fedoraproject.org/orphan
> >
> > This is nicer, not sure if I've seen this before.
> >
> > Looks like the main breakage is:
> >
> >   mingw-nsis -> scons -> fop -> tomcat -> wsdl4j
> >
> > That gets increasingly weird.  NSIS is an installer builder for
> > Windows (fine), scons is a Python-based build system (also fine),
> > fop is a documentation formatting tool, tomcat is an application
> > server (!)
> >
> > So I wonder why a Python-based build system relies on a Java-based
> > application server.
> >

> Well, for whatever reason, upstream fop contains a servlet
> implementation (which requires an app server) but we don't even build
> or ship this servlet in our fop package.
>
> I removed an unnecessary BR on 'servlet' from the fop package:
> https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/fop/c/fba0361894999fbf17c8672e96d4dc95cc06314f?branch=rawhide
>
> Does that add more sanity to the dep chain?

Since is a new package we need to wait for a new "Fedora rawhide
compose" , we got an email notification  on devel mailing list with
subject: Fedora rawhide compose report: yyyymmdd.n.0 changes

after that, we can check
https://churchyard.fedorapeople.org/orphans.txt
the first line have the date of the report, (timezone is CET (central
European time))

Best regards
--
Sérgio M. B.