RC> In other words, as far as I am concerned, abrt has reduced
RC> efficiency of bug-hunting by flooding maintainers with low quality,
RC> often unusable reports and risen the communication churn related to
RC> BZs.

It's been discussed many times and I still believe that it would be
extremely beneficial for ABRT to remain, but to store its data somewhere
other than bugzilla.  Perhaps this speaks more to deficiencies in
bugzilla, but it really doesn't seem to be the proper repository for the
information that ABRT is producing.  Not only do you need an account in
order to report things, but the ABRT client is responsible for trying to
eliminate duplicates (which it's getting better at, I admit).  And
bugzilla really makes it difficult to manage large numbers of bugs,
which is a problem in itself but certainly not helped by ABRT piling on.

But I guess without someone stepping up and implementing non-bugzilla
storage for ABRT and the tools required to query that data, this is all
just idle talk.

 - J<