Dne 10. 01. 22 v 18:07 Miro Hrončok napsal(a):
On 10. 01. 22 15:33, Miro Hrončok wrote:
On 10. 01. 22 10:56, Vít Ondruch wrote:

Dne 08. 01. 22 v 18:09 Carlos O'Donell napsal(a):

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/churchyard/libffi-3.4/package/ruby/
Segmentation fault
FAIL 1/1489 tests failed
This failed in the same place in two different builds in the test_ractor.rb (Ruby Ractor)
test case, and it crashes in 'ractor_select()' within 'rb_vm_exec()'.

This is odd that it should fail with the libffi update since this the failure is in the Ruby Ractor test, which I wouldn't expect to use any of the FFI APIs. It has failed
twice though in the same place.

I didn't see this in c9s. The last built ruby in c9s was built by me and it is 3.0.2-155,
where test_ractor.rb passes just fine built with libffi 3.4.

The ruby-mri binary has no deep DT_NEEDED dependencies which should need libffi or other libraries to be built in a particular order, but with dlopen you can get odd ordering issues that are only resolved after the SONAME bump is complete and rebuilds completed
across dependent libraries.

Rawhide did build successfully on 2021-12-10.

This is reported upstream:

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/18412

Just keep trying and it will eventually pass.

OK then, running:

while ! \fedpkg build --fail-fast; do sleep 5; done

I have stopped now, with 11th build running. You will eventually need to rebuild ruby for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Ruby_3.1 anyway.

Well, but I am afraid the failures are likely different then the original one. Please see:

https://koschei.fedoraproject.org/package/ruby?collection=f36

All the buildroot changes seems to be related to FFI. Also scratch builds are failing in some strange way:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/ruby/pull-request/106

I am not really sure what to blame.

Vít