On 21. 01. 22 19:17, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 07:10:53PM +0100, Miro Hrončok wrote:
On 21. 01. 22 19:07, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 07:00:41PM +0100, Miro Hrončok wrote:
On 21. 01. 22 17:55, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
In all cases, if it is some compiler error or internal compiler error,
preprocessed source + gcc command line would be highly appreciated,
having us to try to rebuild all the packages again and dig those up
will be very time consuming.

But I suppose you know the best way to obtain those?

I build the package in mock and share the entire
.../fedora-rawhide-x86_64/root/builddir/build/BUILD/ directory?

The reports are from various architectures, and mock takes some time,
especially if the error is hours into building.
I'm not saying I won't do it if what I'm asking for is not provided,
just that if somebody provides it to me, I will greatly appreciate it
and I (and my team collegues) can spend more time on fixing the bugs
and less on trying to reproduce them.
Several people already mailed me preprocessed sources (thanks a lot for
that) and I've been able to reply quickly to those.

Sorry for not speaking clearly. That was supposed to be a question.

What is the best way to obtain the files you need in order to share them with
you?

Unless it is LTO related (that complicates things), best is to rerun
whatever gcc/g++ invocation failed with an unexpected error
or internal compiler error with additional -save-temps option, that will
leave the preprocessed file around.  For ICEs, the gcc/g++ driver even tries
to reproduce ICEs and if successful stores everything I need into
/tmp/cc*.out file and writes the name of that file to stderr.
So, if one sees that, using fedpkg to request tarball from the failed build
is one possibility and then copying the /tmp/cc*.out file out of there.
When it is reproducible in a local mock, rerunning the command by hand with
-save-temps is easy too, without access to the arch, one option is to hack
up the spec file, such that it will do:
make usual_stuff || \
( Either uuencode compressed /tmp/cc*.out to stdout here so that it shows up
in build.log or rerun failing gcc/g++ command line with the added
-save-temps here and uuencode compressed *.i or *.ii to stdout etc.
exit 1 )
(done that several times in the past when needed).

Thanks, Jakub.

--
Miro Hrončok