> On 28 Jan 2022, at 15:33, Robert-André Mauchin <zebo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm sorry, this is entirely my fault. I provided symlinks for the binaries,
> but didn't think of the systemd unit files symlinks. The services files were
> added or modified to take into account environment files which were requested
> multiple times, and without which the package were basically unusable. The
> binary were renamed to provide commonalities with other distro.
> Alert manager service was added, Node exporter and Prometheus were fixed.
> There should not be any breaking change for Prometheus though, the only thing
> added was the Environment file.
> I will seek co-maintainers for these packages as I initially packaged them to
> be used as dependency for other projects but I never intended to be
> maintainer of the services, which are a bit out of my depth.
> I will be pushing an update for node-exporter with a service symlink for the
> old name.

You can add me as co-maintainer. I'm happy to review any future changes
and discuss packing issues.

Also I like that you have made important improvement to the packaging.
I was working around the problems with being able to pass args to the
prometheus and node-exported command lines.

I found that you made another breaking changes.

You changed the UID/GID for node_exporter's text-collector folder from
node_exporter to prometheus. I'm not convinced that is a useful change.
I was running processes that write to that folder Group=node_exporter.
Now I have to use Group=prometheus and that seems wrong to me.

Why can my collector also access prometheus resources via Group permissions?
Isn't it better that node_exporter and prometheus are keep apart?

Barry