Hi,

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Ben Boeckel <maths...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Camilo Mesias <cam...@mesias.co.uk> wrote:
>> [..] As much as I love Nouveau's freeness, last time I
>> checked I couldn't even run gnome shell on it.
>
> I was doing that back in November[1].
>
> --Ben
>
> [1]http://blipper.dev.benboeckel.net/one-soap-box/2009/11/03/gnome-day-2-gnome-shell/

You mention gnome shell but not nouveau, how do you enable the missing
3d support for Nouveau? And does it only work for a subset of
hardware? I'd be interested to try it. Lately I just get:

Accelerated 3D graphics is not available
Desktop effects require hardware 3D support.

I have switched between nvidia and nouveau in testing F14, I prefer
gnome shell but using it can lead to fragility (eg. install nvidia,
configure gnome shell, update;  temporarily disabling nvidia -> broken
desktop)

-Cam