On Di, 22.02.22 18:08, Lennart Poettering (mzerq...@0pointer.de) wrote:

>          And: NM-w-o.s actually being pulled in *is* a bug, unless you
>          have something like configured NFS/SMB mounts in /etc/fstab,
>          that really cannot work without the network actually being
>          up. There might be other valid candidates for this,
>          i.e. other network client stuff that is really important for
>          the boot to be up.

On one of my machines here I see that the following services pull it in:

    dnf-makecache.timer nfs-server.service rpc-statd-notify.service
    rpc-statd.service nfs-mountd.service

The DNF thing looks like an obvious bug to me. DNF's cache logic
really shouldn't add an expensive sync point to the boot like
this. Someone should file a bug to ask them to remove that.

The NFS stuff look all wrong to me too, i.e. NFS server stuff
afaics. That should not require the network to be fully up during
boot. But then again, NFS is weird, so what do I know?

Normally, unlikely client software, server software should really
watch rtnl or so and follow local network configuration to make its
services available, and thus it doesn't have to wait for the online
sync point...

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Berlin