Felix Schwarz wrote:
> Btw: How do you handle/fix build issues when you can only build inside
> mock?
>
> So for example your mock build fails because some paths or binaries are
> wrong and it is not obvious from the error what needs to be changed. In
> these situations I'd like to have some kind of interactive repl shell
> similar to pdb. Is there something like that for mock? Or some other trick
> to fix such problems?
>
> I found that fixing a build is really time consuming especially if the
> error only happens in the %check section and build times are high. I
> thought about using a reverse shell (+ enable network for mock) but I
> guess there is a better way to do this?

There is actually a "mock shell" command that opens a shell inside the mock
chroot. You can also run arbitrary shell commands (including scripts that
you have previously manually copied in using the "copyin" command) in it.
Mock does a lot more than just building packages, the latter is just the
default operation.

        Kevin Kofler