On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 8:07 PM Bruno Wolff III <br...@wolff.to> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 09, 2022 at 12:23:41 -0600,
>   Bruno Wolff III <br...@wolff.to> wrote:
> >On Wed, Mar 09, 2022 at 09:06:01 -0600,
> >
> >The Fedora 36 beta is likely to slip because firefox was not building
> >successfully on i686, but was on other arches.
>
> It is actually more complicated than I remembered. Firefox needed a gcc fix,
> but gcc building is blocked on an i686 issue. And the delay in getting
> that fix combined with the long time for doing a gcc build is seemingly
> going to result in a slip because a firefox downgrade (from the f35 version)
> would cause problems for some testers.

So ... this sounds like firefox would be a good example of a package
that would benefit from my proposal?

- It's already almost a leaf package (only some other GUI apps - that
could also drop i686 support without any consequences - depend on it).
- We already do not publish or ship firefox.i686 RPMs - or RPMs for
the 4 dependent applications, for that matter - to anybody, so
building them is just a waste of time and maintainer resources.

Fabio