HI Paulo,

It's great to hear from you.  I hope you are well.

On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 4:42 AM Paulo César Pereira de Andrade
<paulo.cesar.pereira.de.andr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>   If nobody takes it, I can review.

Ankur took it already.  On the other hand, he doesn't seem to have
actually started the review yet...

>   I was about to ask for a review as well, as I have my own version locally :)

Ah, sorry, didn't mean to duplicate effort.

>   Did not double check if already done, but will need to change L-function to
> use the sage spkg as upstream is no longer available. This will also need a
> library major downgrade. But only sagemath uses it, so not a major issue.
> Optionally, could work on renaming  the L-function package to lcalc, to match
> what it is being called in the past 6+ years...

Yes, that's on the list.  This is what I had lined up to do next week
sometime, after the python-primecountpy review is completed.

- Update L-function to 2.0.5.  I did not notice that this changes the
L-function soname downwards.  Ugh.  Still, as you say, that should be
okay since sagemath is the only consumer.  I had added a comment at
the top of the spec file noting that we should rename it "lcalc". :-)
- Update python-cysignals to 1.11.2
- Update Singular to 4.2.1p3
- Update sympy to 1.10
- Add python-primecountpy 0.1.0
- Rebuild polymake due to the Singular update
- Rebuild python-pysingular due to the Singular update
- Update sagemath to 9.5
- Retire pynac, which has been absorbed into sagemath

Is there any of that you would prefer to do yourself?  I don't want to
step on your toes at all.  Or if you would like to see the changes I'm
planning to make to any of those packages, I'm happy to share the spec
files and relevant patches with you.

And then I'm going back to trying to retire from tending mathematical
packages in Fedora.  If you want any of the packages I currently
maintain, let me know and I will transfer them to you.  Regards,
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/