(moving thread here from Ask Fedora)

I use `tlp` and `tlp-rdw` on my laptop to manage power/performances modes,
and enable/disable the WiFi radio. With F35 this was working fine.

On Friday I did an in-place upgrade to F36 Beta, and this morning I
realized that two default services that I had masked (so that `tlp` could
do its job) were unmasked during the upgrade.

Specifically, `power-profiles-daemon.service` and `systemd-rfkill.service`
were unmasked. Since masking creates a symlink (to /dev/null) in
/etc/systemd/system, which is a user-managed directory, I was quite
surprised that the upgrade removed the symlinks.

--

Kevin P. Fleming
He/Him/His