Dne 08. 04. 22 v 6:46 Kevin Kofler via devel napsal(a):
Neal Gompa wrote:
The pull request to delete the code for BIOS support in lorax means
that we can't produce media with BIOS support at all once that's
merged. They've tied dropping syslinux to dropping BIOS support
entirely. It is also unclear that they'd take a contribution to rewire
lorax to produce media with BIOS support using GRUB like we do for
UEFI.
So the change is actually already being implemented without approval?

Having implementation ready for approval is +, isn't it?

  This
kind of forcing facts turns the whole change policy to the absurd.

But it also needs to be merged first to have any real effect. The PR is in the change proposal.

Vít

As I understand it, dropping support in Lorax affects both livemedia-creator
and livecd-creator, so the only way forward to build ISOs that actually boot
would be to fork Lorax. Unless we can reuse some other distro's tools
instead.

The liveinst part of Anaconda can be replaced with Calamares, but ISO
composing (which can be done with (livemedia-creator) or without Anaconda
(livecd-creator), but both code paths end up in Lorax eventually) is not in
the scope of Calamares.

         Kevin Kofler