On Fri, Apr 08, 2022 at 12:20:00AM +0200, Fabio Valentini wrote:

> > > Yes, but signing is an extremely slow process. Rebuilding the texlive
> > > package during the Mass rebuild slows down Koji for several hours.
> >
> > Why do you classify that slow down being due to signing? The signing
> > process is actually out of band to koji and happens in a completely
> > different queue to the mass rebuild. The texlive package is large, as
> > are things like libreoffice but that's not due to the signing process.
>
> Right, package signing doesn't happen in koji itself, but those
> signing servers still have limited throughput.
> That's why merging builds into rawhide after a mass rebuild takes forever.
>
> However, I'd still like to have an answer to my original question:
> Will the time it takes to build, sign, and submit a package noticably
> increase? And if so, by how much?
>
> It would be really unfortunate if the delay between "your build was
> successful" to "your build is now available for other builds" or "your
> build is finally in a compose" gets any longer.

I think the answer to this is... no and no appreciable amount.

We actually had IMA signing all up and running last year from jan 15th
to jan 22nd. As luck would have it, there was a chromium build in that
time:

Thu Jan 21 03:24:24 2021 chromium-88.0.4324.96-1.fc34 tagged into
f34-signing-pending by bodhi
Thu Jan 21 03:25:49 2021 chromium-88.0.4324.96-1.fc34 untagged from
f34-signing-pending by autopen

So, about 2minutes to sign.

A recent one:
Wed Mar 30 09:23:39 2022 chromium-99.0.4844.84-1.fc34 tagged into
f34-signing-pending by bodhi
Wed Mar 30 09:26:26 2022 chromium-99.0.4844.84-1.fc34 untagged from
f34-signing-pending by autopen

About 3min... so I think the ima signing was not much of a factor.

kevin