On 4/10/22 16:10, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Sun, Apr 10, 2022 at 4:37 PM Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski
<domi...@greysector.net> wrote:
On Friday, 08 April 2022 at 16:14, Zamir SUN wrote:
[...]
Probably it isn't a problem for some users, but I'm still having bad
experience with UEFI on x86_64 now. Out of my 3 machines I only have 1
system that works fine with UEFI. And my parents' laptop was purchased
2 years ago and the UEFI firmware does not allow to boot anything
other than Windows on UEFI mode (regardless of turning secure boot on
or off) and I have to switch to BIOS mode to make Fedora work there.
So in this situation, I think it's way too aggressive to accept the
change - this will probably drive away some potential new users with
decent laptop like my parents'.
Have you tried renaming your Fedora boot entry to "Windows Boot
Manager"? I have one Sony laptop that boots only the boot entry with
that exact name.

I wonder if this would work with one of my old machines too. I've
never thought to rename the boot entry in the firmware before...

about "Windows Boot Manager" efi entry required to boot: https://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/20187.html

the above happens too with the lenovo thinkcentre m91