On Mon, Apr 11, 2022 at 5:26 PM David Cantrell <dcantr...@redhat.com> wrote:

> This was already addressed.  Fedora should not be expected to jump through
> hoops to support vendors unwilling to participate in the open source Linux
> ecosystem.  Users should stop buying their hardware -or- contribute to
> projects like nouveau to make this a non-issue.

And while I agree with the overall sentiment that Linux
should not hoop jump for others, the reality is that many
desktop and laptop users use their corporate provided
systems(*), and those systems are often not (at all) Linux
friendly(**).

Saying to those people "we feel your pain", while
offering nothing else, is a a perfectly reasonable
thing to do/say, but we should, at least, state it
explicitly, should that be the direction we are going.

Gary

(*) Due to corporate purchasing decisions, I have
more than once chosen to spend my own money
to purchase laptops and desktop systems that can
easily install/run Linux/Fedora.  Not everyone
realistically has that option, or will chose it even
if they do have it (and sometimes corporate policy
states you must use their pre-configured systems).

(**) The number of organizations that believe in
Linux first, first, and first, and purchase accordingly,
is small.  Last I knew RH itself allowed their staff
to choose Mac's.  Why?  Do they, themselves, not
believe in Linux first, first, and first?  No, I don't
expect a reasonable answer here, but if RH does
not require Linux first, first, and first there should
be no expectation that other organizations will do
so.