Hello folks,

what would it take to allow non-packagers to push to dist-git forks without
fedpkg?

The instructions at https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/ci/pull-requests/#_you_are_not_a_packager assume they run Fedora (or another distro with fedpkg), but this is extremely unfriendly to contributors who run other distros.

The alternative is external pull request which is awesome in theory but quite tedious in practice. E.g. as a package maintainer, I cannot push my changes to a proposed external pull request.

If I understand correctly, SSH access is a security/legal/whatever no-go for nonpackagers, but can we offer some kind of standard git mechanism to authenticate? API tokens maybe?

If not, can we at least extract the fedpkg bits that do this and release that as a standalone easy-to-install software that we can offer or even package to other distributions?

Thanks,
--
Miro Hrončok