So, just replying here since this is a nice monster of a thread. ;(

First, just to clear up some previous coments, shim does build against
the oldest stable Fedora in koji and then is manually tagged into newer
ones. This is not at all a good process. It only gets a bodhi update for
the one release (and sometimes not even that), so it never gets good
testing. It requires manual intervention from releng each time there's
an update. I think the only reason this has kept going is that shim is
very small and simple and updates rarely. If we need to do this for tons
of openjdk updates, we really should revisit the process, although I am
not sure how to make it more open to testing and less a burden on
releng. ;(

Next, My understanding of the current process for openjdks (openjdki?):

for each openjdk:

Build dyanmically linking against system libraries in all fedoras.
Submit to TCK and wait for them all to process.
Fix any TCK failures and repeat
Once there's no failures, push the builds to updates

Is that right? And keeping the dynamic builds passing is taking more
cycles than you have to give for the number of jdks?

What about the possibility of adding CI _upstream_ to test against the
dynamic version? Then TCK failures would be caught upstream and not
downstream where it's a lot of work for you to fix?

Could we integrate the TCK testing in our CI to save you overhead of
managing submitting, etc? Or where is the most time spent in this
workflow?

I know others have suggested fewer openjdk streams to reduce workload,
but I didn't see any reply on that from change owners.

Thanks,

kevin