> Am 27.05.2022 um 14:00 schrieb Vitaly Zaitsev via devel
> <devel@lists.fedoraproject.org>:
>
> Bundled libraries are always outdated and even vulnerable.

Really sorry, but such a statement is simply intellectual bullshit.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to formulate this in a more friendly yet
unambiguous way. And in this thread in particular, the many allegations,
unclouded by any expertise but made all the more decisively, are simply
annoying - and a huge waste of everyone’s time in the long run.

With technically correct workflow, there is at least a time x where the
included libs are not outdated and where vulnerability is unknown at worst. How
someone comes up with "always" is beyond me.

And whether to include a lib in a package is a tradeoff between various pros
and cons. Depending on the circumstances, the result is different.

The Change proposal correctly includes several reasons for consideration. And
no viable argument has yet been put forward as to why the consideration given
is *necessarily* incorrect.

Several conceivable alternatives would also be viable. But as long as no one is
directly affected in a negative way and no one comes forward to do the work
involved with an alternative, ....

--
Peter Boy
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pboy

Timezone: CET (UTC+1) / CEST (UTC+2)

Fedora Server Edition Working Group member
Fedora docs team contributor
Java developer and enthusiast