Ian Laurie wrote on Friday, 3 June 2022 at 11:17 p.m.:
> Is anyone else seeing crashes and other strange events in VirtualBox
> 6.1.34 (from RPMFusion) with Linux guests when the Linux host is running
> Fedora 36 with kernel-5.17.12?

Same thing here.  Host is Fedora 35 with kernel 5.17.12, using VirtualBox 6.1.34.

Lots of odd things like "curl" bombing out, dnf upgrades complaining they can't write somewhere.  Restarting nginx+passenger only works a couple of times, then it stops responding.  It's very repeatable too.  Same snapshot works fine with kernel 5.17.11.

The weird thing is that it works on other CPUs, an AMD Athlon X2 and an Intel 10th generation i5-10500H.  Just my IvyBridge Intel i7-4820K has the problem.  I did try the kernel boot parameter mitigations=off, in case the Spectre or other workarounds were wrong for IvyBridge, but it still didn't work.

You can run 5.17.12 inside the guest without problems.  Your host just needs to be 5.17.11.

So, what CPUs are other people with problems using?

- Alex