On Thu, Jun 09, 2022 at 06:47:53PM +0200, Fabio Valentini wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 9, 2022 at 11:38 AM Richard W.M. Jones <rjo...@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Pairs of Bodhi updates which probably should be combined so the
> > packages go out together:
> >
> > https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2022-8f775872c9 &
> > https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2022-13bc8c91b0
> >
> > https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2022-8fa7e5aeaf &
> > https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2022-1176b501f0
> >
> > It doesn't seem as if this is possible at the moment (ie. a button in
> > the Bodhi interface that just does it).  Could this kind of feature be
> > added?  Bodhi can already obsolete and inherit bugs when a later
> > update obsoletes an older one.
> >
> > The manual way to do it is very tedious and error-prone, especially if
> > an update has a lot of builds and/or bugs.
>
> Would you need this to be a button in the bodhi web interface, or
> would a CLI tool work as well?
>
> I think it should be reasonably simple to implement that in bodhi
> (Python client) or bodhi-cli (Rust client), and having it do
> everything automatically (request the old updates to be unpushed,
> create a new update from all collected builds, attach all related bugs
> and test cases, etc.) should definitely be less error-prone than doing
> it automatically, and it would also be easy to do some basic checks as
> well (i.e. check that the updates don't have overlapping builds, that
> they are for the same Fedora release, etc.).

I don't think this is possible without server side changes.
(at least not easily).

bodhi doesn't allow you to delete updates, nor does it allow removing
all builds from an update, so you would have to add some other build,
remove the builds you care about and add them to the other update.

Perhaps allowing updates with no builds in them would be possible on the
server side. That would make this more doable.

kevin