On Tue, Jun 14 2022 at 10:42:59 AM -0400, Neal Gompa <ngomp...@gmail.com> wrote:
GNOME Initial Setup does not offer the ability to set your computer
name. I'm not sure why given that both Windows and Mac do to ensure
things work properly on a network, but it's not a thing with GNOME's
initial setup wizard.

I think we should add this.

However, gnome-initial-setup is a bit late because currently anaconda uses hostname to name your btrfs subvolumes. :(

anaconda would perhaps be a better place, but only if it uses hostnamed so as to allow spaces, Unicode, etc. We don't want anaconda to use stricter rules for hostnames than the installed system does.

Michael