On 18/06/2022 13:43, Aleksandra Fedorova wrote:
And, for example, rpmautospec will not help in the case we need to
update a build on pull request update: When you work with
pull-requests you don’t necessarily add commits, you rework the
history of a branch from which you run a PR. Sometimes even reducing
the number of commits in it.

When a PR is merged, the Release will be incremented and a new changelog entry will be added based on the merged commits.

I am no expert in RPM macro language, but, for example, if we agree to
set default Build value to 0, it can be just Release:
12.%{?dist}.%{build}

It will produce $name-$version-12.%{?dist}.0. Instead, you should use %{nil} to omit this field.

1) This is a temporary solution until we get full support of the Build
tag upstream

I think a new RPM field BuildTag needs to be introduced. It it is set, it will be added to the package name (just like the optional Epoch).

--
Sincerely,
  Vitaly Zaitsev (vit...@easycoding.org)