On Fri, Jun 17, 2022 at 04:15:35PM -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 17 2022 at 02:00:14 PM -0700, Kevin Fenzi <ke...@scrye.com>
> wrote:
> > Nope, it has to stay forever. Sorry.
>
> Hi, can you explain why? Since we do not maintain upgrade paths from one
> release to the next anymore, and instead require use of system upgrade, I
> would have assumed that epoch would only have to stay for the life of a
> particular Fedora release?

I suppose it could be feasable to do it for packages that nothing
has any dependencies on. But for packages that do, there would be a lot
of churn adjusting the deps every cycle, it would prevent merges back to
older branches and just cause confusion. IMHO.

If we want to allow this, it should at least have a clear
checklist/guideline on how to do things because I think it would be easy
to get wrong. :(

kevin