On 20.06.22 12:11, Michael J Gruber wrote:
Hi

I've now merged the side tag. Remarks:
- python-PyMuPDF test fail due to a corrupted double-linked list
assertion. I've disabled the test for now, and will investigate further.
- python-fiona test fail due to a segmentation fault. I've disabled the
test for now, and will investigate further.
Has there been any progress in the investigation?

That corrupted double-linked list in the test suite occurs only on rawhide and
only since some larger side-tags merged. Disabling the test suite permanently
is not a god thing if we think about the py3.11 rebuild, for example, as well
as the upcoming update for mupdf 1.20.0.

That issue has some Heisenbug flavor, by the way, and typically shows up on 50%
of the archs only (but not with a reliable pattern). It does not show up on f36.

Since we cannot work with f37 chroot from before the side-tag merge any more, I
tried with F36 in copr and adding (rebuilding) F37 package versions from the
side-tag one-by-one to narrow down the issue:
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/mjg/PyMuPDF-corruption/ (The f37 fails
are the expected ones)

Unfortunately, python-pillow didn't build on s390x (neither on F37 nor F36),
and I don't want to exclude even more arches in the testing ground.

Have you faired better?
Unfortunately not. I had looked into it and despite a rawhide koji i686 build pretty reliably failing, I was not able to reproduce the issue locally in a i686 rawhide chroot. I've looked into it again now and the behavior so far is still the same...