Michael J Gruber wrote:
> It turns out that bodhi applies the same boundary conditions to
> "newpackage" updates (no karma for your own update, 7 days minimum to
> stable by time). I don't think a new leave package can disturb current
> systems much ... A library, in particular, will not receive any testing
> while in testing.

I also question the usefulness of these restrictions for new packages (and
have done so for years), because a new package does not upgrade any existing
package and so cannot really break anything that worked before. But the
rationale that was given (by the majority of FESCo and by QA) when this was
discussed years ago was that new packages can have broken Obsoletes,
Provides, and/or Supplements (or Enhances, but that is mostly ignored by the
current package dependency solvers) that can break existing systems merely
by having the package in the repository.

        Kevin Kofler