If you're happy with the current version 1.0.49 from rawhide being
branched for epel9, then the stalled process would be a good fit.
With collaborator permissions on epel* branches, you can request the
epel9 branch, merge commits from rawhide to epel9, create builds, and
create bodhi updates.

If you're interested in helping with the long term maintenance of the
package, to include getting it updated to the latest version (perhaps
before building it for epel9 so that package can start on the latest
version), then it's worth considering the unresponsive maintainer
process.

--
Carl George