We use  a systemd-nspawn container to set up a test environment, among others.
With F36 this is currently not workable for us because the login process is
broken.

I set up a container as usual using dnf to create a container file system, e.g.
using

[…]# dnf --releasever=36 --best --setopt=install_weak_deps=False \
    --installroot=/var/lib/machines/testf36  install dhcp-client dnf \
    fedora-release glibc glibc-langpack-en iputils less ncurses passwd \
    systemd systemd-networkd vim-default-editor

I can set a password using

[…]# systemd-nspawn -D /var/lib/machines/testf36   passwd

I create a container with

[…]# systemd-nspawn -D /var/lib/machines/testf36  -b

The container starts fine and finally displays a login prompt. You can enter a
name as usual. There follows no password prompt, but after a while it still
displays a login prompt again.

The container even keeps running if I exit the login process (is shows up in
machinectl).

It’s not a SELinux issue, the system was in permissive mode.

If I start a system service container using
   […]# systemctl systemd-nspawn@testf36
the container start fine, shows up in machinectl, but a
   […]# machinectl login testf36
produces the same phenomenon of repeated display of the login prompt without
asking for the password.
And
   […]# machinectl shell testf36
results in „Connection to machine testf36 terminated.“

== My questions: ==
* Does anyone has the same problem
* or does anyone use a F36 systemd-nspawn container without such a problems?
* Or did I miss a change, so I have to use a different procedure?

Several releases ago we had a similar issue because auf /etc/securetty, but
that doesn’t exist anymore.

A F35 container works fine on a F36 host. But a F36 container doesn’t work on a
F35 host either.