drago01 wrote:

> On Sunday, July 10, 2022, Kevin Kofler via devel <
> devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
>> drago01 wrote:
>> > One thing which seems to be completely missing in the conversation is
>> > how this affects battery life. Having lower performance, means the CPU
>> > has to do more work / be in a higher power state for a longer time
>> > frame.
>>
>> Who in their right mind does CPU profiling on battery?
>>

> The comment was not about profiling but about the change itself.

So I guess you agree that this is actually an argument against this Change,
is it not? Considering that, since profiling is usually not done on battery,
improving the performance of profiling at the expense of overall performance
is not a win when you consider the battery use.

(The position of your reply in the thread was not optimal, because you
answered a mail that was talking about the performance of profiling, not the
overall performance of the system. So that made it easy to misinterpret your
position.)

        Kevin Kofler