Am 12.07.22 um 09:47 schrieb Kamil Dudka:
On Tuesday, July 12, 2022 12:52:13 AM CEST Marius Schwarz wrote:
Multicore use would also be helpful i.e. while packing the files.
What do you mean by packing?  Creation of the resulting RPM packages?
I believe this phase already runs in parallel in case multiple RPM
packages are being created out of a single source RPM package.

"packing" aka "compression" .

The rpmbuild process for this one rpm was single thread. With a lsof-loop,  I could see "bytes" getting attached to the resulting file with an awful slow progression rate. Which is very frustrating to see on a 8 core system.

The thing is, I do testbuilds of VOSK with language model and code etc. on one of my servers. If this project ever reaches the Fedora build farm, we can expect a very long build time, if nothing is changed in rpmbuild. Is there maybe a hidden parallel compression option somewhere?

best regards,
Marius