On Fri, 01 Jul 2022 11:56:38 -0000
"Artur Frenszek-Iwicki" <s...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Blueman, the bluetooth manager [0], requires the user to be in the
> "wheel" group in order to perform certain functions (like
> enabling/disabling bluetooth). This leads to a sub-optimal user
> experience, where the user is prompted to authenticate as root in
> order to perform certain actions. [1]

I am using blueberry instead of blueman because blueberry does not
require the root password.  It looks like blueberry does not use any
special privileges but just calls /usr/bin/rfkill.  (Bluman
manipulates /dev/rfkill).

As a normal user I can use /usr/sbin/rfkill to list, block, and
unblock the bluetooth adapter.  I can also run bluetoothctl as a
normal user.

I think blueman should run with the same privileges as these other
tools.

Jim