Hello everyone,

Due to several circumstances I am stopping all efforts in maintaining
MariaDB 10.3 & 10.4 series in Fedora.

Just before that, I rebased both series to the latest upstream
versions, so you will get all the security patches released as for
today !
MariaDB 10.3:
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-MODULAR-2022-0cd0202272
MariaDB 10.4:
https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-MODULAR-2022-c58e1ae21e

Also, please notice that neither series is available in Fedora > 35,
because our efforts to cherry-pick the OpenSSL 3 patch from the 10.8
series were unsuccessful.

Furthermore, please note that _on upstream_ :
MariaDB 10.3 will reach 'end of standard support' and EOL on: 25 May 2023
MariaDB 10.4 reached 'end of standard support' on: 02 July 2022 and
will reach EOL on: 02 July 2024

--

I strongly recommend updating your applications to at least MariaDB 10.5 series.

MariaDB upstream changed it's release model some time ago [1].
The upstream expects to release a new _serie_ every three months.
Every new series (starting 10.6) support period was shortened to _one
year_ only. Some of the series will be marked as LTS (long term
support) with support period being at least 5 years.

First serie marked as LTS is 10.6
Second serie that will _likely_ be marked as LTS is 10.10

My personal focus - as the package maintainer - is on the MariaDB 10.5
;  and MariaDB 10.10 (should it be marked LTS).
Please consider all other series maintained (by me in Fedora) on 'best
effort' basis only.

The golden rule in case of my packages is that the development is done
in base Fedora (branch 'rawhide'), so whichever version there is, it
is the one maintained with most care.

--

As always, anyone is welcome to submit patches or (preferably) pull
requests to packages I maintain, or step in to maintain MariaDB series

I wish you a nice day and stable DB servers :)

[1]
https://mariadb.com/newsroom/press-releases/mariadb-announces-new-innovation-release-model/
[2] rel-eng ticket regarding setting the EOL date:
https://pagure.io/releng/issue/10902
[3] Wiki page with info which series are in which Fedora releases:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MariaDB_software

--

Michal Schorm
Software Engineer