On Fri, Jul 22, 2022 at 02:24:21PM -0500, Maxwell G via devel wrote:
> On 22/07/22 09:08AM, Michael J Gruber wrote:
> > notmuch failed to build from source because of a strange test suite failure
> > on ppc64le:
> >
> > https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=89837091
> >
> > The only failing test is a pytest run on the bindings
> >
> > ```
> > T391-python-cffi: Testing python bindings (pytest)
> > FATAL: /builddir/build/BUILD/notmuch-0.36/test/T391-python-cffi.sh:
> > interrupted by signal 15
> > ```
> >
> > whereas other tests of those bindings work. What makes it even more strange
> > is that for a scratch build all tests work on all architectures:
> >
> > https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=89853627
> >
> > Is there possibly a timing issue where tests on ppc64le happen to take "too
> > long" and pytest gets killed?
>
> It sounds like this might've been a transient issue, likely related to
> something on the builder, as it also worked fine when I scratch built
> it. The releng folks can probably tell you how to handle this and if you
> should rebuild it, just wait, or whatever. As Kevin said:
>
> > You can contact releng in #fedora-releng channel on Libera.Chat, the
> > #releng:fedoraproject.org room on Matrix, or by dropping an email to
> > our list[2] or filing an issue in pagure[3].

Yeah. ;)

We have had several issues in the last few days sadly.
I think your build ran into systemd-oomd running on some builders after
I had disabled it and thought I stopped it, but didn't. ;(

Anyhow, the thing to do here if it builds is just go ahead abd build it
into rawhide like normal.

Hope that helps.

kevin