On 7/26/22 07:47, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
On 7/24/22 15:42, Kalev Lember wrote:
On Sun, Jul 24, 2022 at 8:58 AM Paolo Bonzini <pbonz...@redhat.com <mailto:pbonz...@redhat.com>> wrote:

    Il sab 23 lug 2022, 19:12 Adam Williamson
    <adamw...@fedoraproject.org <mailto:adamw...@fedoraproject.org>> ha
    scritto:

        This of course begs a question: did qemu also have a non-static pcre
        requirement at the time? But it seems not:

        [adamw@xps13k qemu (f36 %)]$ git show 0835325:qemu.spec | grep pcre
        BuildRequires: glibc-static pcre-static glib2-static zlib-static

        so, I'm not sure why Daniel concluded this needs a BuildRequires on
        pcre-static, but the obvious thing to do would be to ask him, I
        guess.

    I think it could have been a missing requires of glib2-static,
    because glib does use PCRE and therefore has it in the linker flags
    for a static build. I will check next time I am at a computer.

glib2 switched to pcre2 in rawhide recently. Can you check if qemu needs to be updated for that now so that it BuildRequires pcre2-static instead?

Yep, that works.  I still think that pcre2-static and sysprof-capture-devel belong in glib2's spec file though, but I committed that as a stopgap measure.

Ah, yes, of course! I went ahead and added them in https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/glib2/c/5653dff1816e4bee3c3fdbcc00f2fea73a282093?branch=rawhide

Does this look right to you? Do you want me to add them in other
branches as well or is rawhide sufficient for now?

--
Thanks,
Kalev