Hello, Jan.

On Tuesday, 16 August 2022 at 12:12, Jan Staněk wrote:
> Hi list,
> in order to be able to compile WASM natively on Fedora,
> I'm trying to package wasi-libc[1] to provide the Web Assembly System
> Interface.
>
> [1]: https://github.com/WebAssembly/wasi-libc
>
> My trouble is that this is in essence a cross-compilation environment,
> and I have zero experience in trying to package these.
> Also, I did not have much luck in trying to find any related
> documentation.

I'd go and take a look at the existing cross-compilation targets like
musl or avr:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/musl/blob/rawhide/f/musl.spec
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/avr-libc/blob/rawhide/f/avr-libc.spec

> Some issues I have run into so far:
>
> - This is a libc implementation, which would probably conflict with the
>   glibc package by default. Looking at musl, the solution seems to be to
>   install into `/usr/{target}` prefix (i.e.  `/usr/wasm32-wasi/include`).
>   Not really sure how this works, any pointers appreciated.

That's correct. See
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/#_filesystem_layout
Exceptions

    * Fedora allows cross-compilers to place files in /usr/target.

> - Clang seems to have issue with `-fstack-clash-protection` flag for the
>   `wasm32-wasi` target. What's the proper way to adjust these?

You can filter them out. There was some discussion recently about
filtering troublesome flags from Fedora default flags:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/message/SNV72TC5SDPUSQEVULKRKPIJE2ZMQUIP/

PS. I'm maintaining two WASM-related packages which I needed to build
some Firefox extensions from source: binaryen and wabt. I'm definitely
not a good maintainer for them as I know next to nothing about WASM.
I'd appreciate a co-maintainer who knows a bit about WASM.

Regards,
Dominik
--
Fedora   https://getfedora.org  |  RPM Fusion  http://rpmfusion.org