Thanks for the response.

I followed the examples you linked as closely as I could, and executed the
command you suggested, but two issues:

 rfpkg mockbuild -N --no-local-resultsdir --root fedora-36-x86_64-rpmfusion_free
 rfpkg: error: unrecognized arguments: --no-local-resultsdir

and:

 rfpkg mockbuild -N --root fedora-36-x86_64-rpmfusion_free
 sources file doesn't exist. Source files download skipped.
 Failed to get repository name from Git url or pushurl
 Failed to get ns from Git url or pushurl
 Could not execute mockbuild:
/home/jerry/Workspace/Research/RPM/Modules/hid-ite8291r3-kmod is not a valid
repo

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

J.K.