On 29. 08. 22 20:30, Ben Cotton wrote:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/StrongCryptoSettings3Forewarning2

== Summary ==

Cryptographic policies will be tightened in Fedora ''38''-39,
SHA-1 signatures will no longer be trusted by default.
Fedora ''38'' will do a "jump scare", introducing the change but then
reverting it in time for Beta.
Test your setup with TEST-FEDORA39 today and file bugs in advance so
you won't get bit by Fedora ''38''-39.

It is my opinion that breaking things on purpose ("jump scaring") is not a friendly way of making things happen. Sure, when other options are exhausted, let's consider it as an extreme option, but maybe we can figure something else out first.

Have you for example considered:

 - changing the default in Copr and rebuilding the distro, seeing what breaks?
 - changing the default in ELN only first?

--
Miro Hrončok