Hi Mattia,

We seem to be having the same conversation but with opposite
interpretations :) I'll try to clarify my comments below.

On Mon, Sep 5, 2022 at 9:25 AM Mattia Verga via devel <
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Il 05/09/22 08:59, Brian (bex) Exelbierd ha scritto:
>

> On Sat, Sep 3, 2022 at 9:24 PM Adam Williamson <adamw...@fedoraproject.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2022-08-18 at 17:28 -0400, Ben Cotton wrote:
>> > Hello everyone!
>> >
>> > I just completed the first run of FESCo's newly approved Inactive
>> > Packager Policy[1]. Packagers that have been identified as inactive
>> > have a ticket in the find-inactive-packagers repo[2]. One week after
>> > the F37 final release, packagers who remain inactive will be removed
>> > from the packager group. (Note that pagure.io is one of the systems
>> > checked for activity, so commenting on your ticket that you're still
>> > around will prevent you from showing up in the second round.)
>>
>> So, I have a probably-controversial idea for a follow-up on this.
>>

> I'll add one more idea/loophole to consider closing.  I am a member of the
> packager group but no longer maintain any packages.  I am active enough in
> other ways to not be noticed by this policy.  I don't think that is right.
>
> I'm sorry for that. The script currently searches for user activity in
> src.fp.o, pagure.io, Bodhi, Bugzilla and Fedora mailing lists. Can you
> tell me where you're active, so, maybe, I can add that place in the search
> pattern?

I am in the packager group.  I have no packages.  I have activity in BZ,
Fedora mailing lists, etc.  However, I believe the script should flag me
for removal from the packager group because I do not have commit rights to
any package and am not a proven packager.

regards,

bex

I have submitted a ticket to voluntarily give up my packager rights under

--
Don't rush to reply to this email.  Enjoy work/life balance.  I read email
once a day and am in the CE(S)T timezone.  If you have an urgent email,

Brian "bex" Exelbierd (he/him/his)
Business Strategist for Communities and Developers
Red Hat Enterprise Linux
@bexelbie | http://www.winglemeyer.org
bexel...@redhat.com