I am orphaning giada, a music production tool, which I have maintained for some time after picking it up when it was orphaned in the past. I am also orphaning geompp, a header-only library that is currently used only by giada.

The giada package is in good condition, although it is somewhat less useful than the Flathub version because it has VST3 support stripped out. See spec file comments and previous discussions on the legal mailing list for context on this.

The latest version of giada temporarily bundles an unreleased version of FLTK, which I could handle in accordance with guidelines, although it is tedious since the dependency is large and has its own possibly-bundled dependencies.

However, the latest version also now has a hard dependency on JUCE, which itself bundles the VST3 SDK. It might be possible to continue packaging giada by bundling a version of JUCE with VST3 support removed (before uploading to the lookaside cache), but I don’t personally want to go to such lengths for this package.

– Ben Beasley (FAS music)