On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 02:47:21AM +0200, Kevin Kofler via devel wrote:
> Miro Hrončok wrote:
> >    * https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/JdkInTreeLibsAndStdclibStatic
> >      was submitted as an Fedora 37 update after it was deferred to Fedora
> >      38. We need to decide what to do.   (mhroncok, 17:02:38)
> [snip]
> >    * AGREED: The update may be shipped after Fedora  37 Beta release,
> >      before the Fedora 37 Final Freeze. (+7,0,-0)  (mhroncok, 17:12:48)
>
> This makes a farce of the whole Change process. I do not see why a Change
> that was deferred to the next release can now be rushed in post Beta during
> a feature freeze period where only release-critical bugs should be fixed.

The impact was deemed to be small, (at least by me, I can't speak for the rest
of fesco)
Also QA was ok with it since any impacts should show up in final testing.

> (And in the particular case of this Change, I also do not see why it was
> approved at all, be it for Fedora 37, 38, or some future version, for the
> reasons that were already stated by me and others when the Change was pre-
> announced for discussion. The feedback on the mailing list was entirely
> negative, the only people in favor were the submitters.)

Not that the discussion was about all the changes/phases openjdk
maintainers wanted to make. ( ie,
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MoveFedoraJDKsToBecomePortableJDKs )

This is just the first part and it had reasonable amount of support.
( https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/JdkInTreeLibsAndStdclibStatic )

kevin