On Wed, Sep 28 2022 at 06:49:42 AM +0000, Tommy Nguyen <remya...@gmail.com> wrote:
   With a single maintainer introducing a ffmpeg-free binary packages
   into Fedora, competing with our fully featured ffmpeg build, this
   leads to various conflicts and interactions issues. While one could
   admittedly rejoice from the ffmpeg introduction intro Fedora
   (enabling ffmpeg support for some fedora package lacking it), the
   method used to forcibly introduced an un-backed (by most RPM Fusion
   packager involved) package with uncertain features enabled, was
   perceived as unfriendly for the least. A determining argument for
   any "new eyes" is the very short time the Fedora review took
compared with a fully backed 6 months Fedora feature review process.

Just for avoidance of doubt, getting ffmpeg into Fedora was a priority for the Workstation Working Group, and Neal was working in coordination with us on that. We want to provide as much multimedia in Fedora as we legally can without requiring that users resort to third-party repositories.

Michael