On Mon, Oct 10, 2022, at 7:41 AM, Antonio Murdaca wrote:
> Hi folks, in rpm-ostree based systems like fedora iot I would love to
> handle the migration process similar to what happens today in
> silverblue et all wrt sysroot.readonly
> https://pagure.io/workstation-ostree-config/blob/main/f/postprocess.sh
> - unfortunately that systemd service and script aren't packaged
> anywhere and I'd love to have it versioned in RPMs to be used by other
> spins too.

Yeah, the motivating change clearly should have included Fedora IoT too.

> I couldn't find any other conversations around this so I'm
> opening this one to discuss how and where such a migration should be
> handled/shipped/run in other systems.

Hmm.  Yeah, this is fair.  In retrospect honestly we should have probably done
this in the ostree core code to start anyways, and not done it "externally" in
shell script.

I filed https://github.com/ostreedev/ostree/issues/2734