On 11-11-2022 13:56, Miro Hrončok wrote:
On 11. 11. 22 13:07, Sandro wrote:
On 11-11-2022 10:33, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 4:32 AM Neal Gompa <ngomp...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 4:18 AM Sandro <li...@penguinpee.nl> wrote:

On 11-11-2022 10:12, Neal Gompa wrote:
On Fri, Nov 11, 2022 at 4:10 AM Sandro <li...@penguinpee.nl> wrote:

On 08-11-2022 15:06, David Cantrell wrote:
On Tue, Nov 08, 2022 at 09:45:57AM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
Should new package reviews (for Rawhide) now be rejected if they
don't have SPDX tags?

Yes, new packages going forward should use SPDX expressions in the
License tag.

When will rpmlint be updated to correctly recognize SPDX license tags? I
don't see it as part of the change proposal.

Right now it throws a warning, e.g.: W: invalid-license GPL-3.0-only.

Does it go away when you install rpmlint-fedora-license-data?

It does. Thanks for the pointer. So, I guess rpmlint should depend on it?

I will add a Recommends to it.

Actually, looks like this has been done a while ago:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/rpmlint/c/9c506b5c4fe457944fbbfd51dec5a3f663995cdf

That change has only been pushed to rawhide. I tent to verify my packages on a
current release, currently either f35 or f36. My f35 machine will be upgraded
to f37 in the near future. But even in f37 rpmlint-fedora-license-data is not
required by rpmlint.

Simply adding 'Requires: rpmlint-fedora-license-data' to rpmlint.spec for the
current release branches should be sufficient, seeing that installing
rpmlint-fedora-license-data manually solves the false warning.

rpmlint-fedora-license-data already Supplements rpmlint. Adding the requirement
might be considered as a breaking change, so we only did it in rawhide.

Hmm. But somehow this weak dependency seems to be too weak to be pulled in on update. So, it's of no use if rpmlint is already installed.

I'm not quite sure why pulling in an additional supplemental dependency would be considered a breaking change. Is it because rpmlint behaves differently with the new license definitions?

-- Sandro