> Is there any guide that explains fields of the updateinfo.xml files
> which are generated in repositories?

I very much wish there was, but alas, no.  Pretty much everything to do with
rpm metadata is effectively implementation-defined, and the implementations are
all different, especially with respect to distribution build tooling : /

> I'm trying to figure out
> https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/issues/2487 and I think we
> currently have weird data in updates. For example, looking to the
> 'issued' and 'modified' dates of few updates I see that the issued date
> is greater than the modified date... that's because Bodhi modifies the
> issued date with the timestamp of when the update is pushed to the
> repository, rather than using the submission date.

RHEL has a similar issue on occasion, even though the build tooling is
completely different (not Bodhi).  The issued datetimestamp is often 1-2
seconds after the updated date.  The specific reason is likely entirely
different, though.

In practice I have found that having any kind of expectations about updateinfo
metadata making coherent sense beyond "it technically meets the expected
schema" leads to a lot of pain.  Fedora, SUSE, RHEL, Alma and Rocky all mess it
up in different ways, 3rd party vendors that attempt to provide it do even
worse, etc.